The OSYC Lake Sinclair Challenge
2017 Results to-date:
|12NOV2016||1:38:30||Mac 26D||Jimmy and Jay Harrell, Tim Vacula|
|27MAY2017||1:48||Windrider 17||Rebekah and Chris Woodburn|
|27MAY2017||1:48:20||O’Day 26||Bill and Dave Morris, Tim Aupperle|
|27MAY2017||2:09:30||Hunter 240||David and Max Woodburn|
The Lake Sinclair Challenge is a fixed-course, self-timed, long-distance challenge open to any sailing vessel on Lake Sinclair.
During the Dec 2005 drawdown, we took a pontoon boat ride out to survey the shallow spots of the lake. We confirmed that there is indeed enough depth and enough room to pass between Hauck’s Reef and the Narrows Island in our sailboats. So we decided to use Hauck’s Reef as the end-mark for the Sinclair Challenge.
Here’s how it works:
- Schedule: You pick the time and date. Any time day or night.
- Eligibility: Anything that is wind powered and legal on Lake Sinclair
- Rules: Racing Rules of Sailing. DNR requirements, etc, apply. Sailors assume all risks.
Best times to-date:
|29MAR 2007||1:18:30||Hunter 260||Griffins|
- Start between the No Wake buoy and the metal dock at the club.
- Pass all islands on the river channel side.
- Pass between Hauck’s Reef and the Narrows Island in either direction. If multiple boats are racing, the boat leaving Hauck’s Reef to port shall have right of way. (Be careful)
- Finish at the club between the No Wake buoy and the metal dock.
Course Length: approximately 9 miles, round trip.
Prizes: admiration of your fellow sailors, bragging rights, and a nice certificate.
Entry: Send an e-mail or letter to the scorekeeped (Jay.Harrell (at) riverside.net) with the following:
- Start Time – hh:mm:ss
- Finish Time – hh:mm:ss (or exact elapsed time, to the second please)
- Wind direction and wind speed (measured or estimated)
- Boat name and description -*Skipper and Crew Names
Results form Past Years
- 2016 winner – June 18, 2016: Bill and Susan Morris, O’Day 26 – 1:57
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- 2011 Results
- 2010 Results
- 2008 Results
- 2007 Results
- 2006 Results